Mill Creek is perhaps one of the most unique golf courses in the world and Braemar Golf are very proud to have been part of the team who created it. The golf course is part of a residential and leisure development in St Petersburg, Russian Federation. Started in 2014, construction work has been completed and is now growing in for play in 2017.
Braemar were tasked to manage the construction of the Mill Creek Golf Course on behalf of the client and to provide all shaping works.
Braemar installed a highly experienced full time “Construction Manager” on site to manage the work of the earthworks contractor, golf course contractor, client survey team and coordinate the Braemar Shapers, whilst acting as the eyes and ears of the architect, Ross McMurray, of European Golf Design. Braemar also sourced world class shapers and supplied to meet the programme requirements over the construction period.
In addition, Braemar provided contract administration advice and support to the clients Project Director, for areas such as;
- Tender process and review
- Construction programme coordination
- Equipment / resources review and recommendations
- Method statement review and approvals
- Material submissions document and as built submittals
- Contractor valuations review
- Variance orders
Built on a flat clearing surrounded by pine forests, the site had huge sandy deposits which were excavated to create 3 lakes totaling 55 hectares! Over 3 million cubic metres of earth were excavated, with 1.2 million cubic metres of the best materials being used to create and shape the golf course.
European Golf Design have created an outstanding golf course to meet the unique and brilliant concepts stipulated by the client. Ross McMurray was not only given the task to design a golf course which would be of the highest international standards, but meet the additional brief stipulated by the client;
- There will be 2 full sets of tees on every hole, thus creating 2 x 18 hole layouts that could play differently for each card.
- The design would also allow for what the client termed “kaleidoscope golf*” or “cross country golf”, allowing for play from tees to completely different greens to regulation play.
- The golf course can be played backwards as the “Old Course” in St Andrews can be.
Working under the leadership of Denis Kotov, the client’s project Director, Ross, Bobby Kirkwood (Braemar Construction Manager) and the team of Braemar Shapers worked closely to deliver the criteria whilst creating a quality landscape and golf experience - the results are outstanding.
Please click the video image below to see the results at the end of the 2016 season.
Working in conjunction with Sodiestvie (Lake Excavations) and ENGO (drainage, irrigation, feature construction, finishing and seeding), the whole project has come together on budget and on time, even working through the winters to make this happen.
- Tender Process Support
- Golf Course Construction Management
- Onsite direction and management of contractors
- Provision of Construction Manager
- Grading, Rough Shaping and Final shaping of Golf Course
- Contract Administration Support
The results of the team effort are stunning and arguably unique with the 2 golf courses in 18 holes, ability to be played backwards and “Kaleidoscope” golf concept.
- Client: Melnichniy Ruchey Development
- Architect: European Golf Design (Ross McMurray)
- Construction Manager: Braemar Golf
- Grading & Shaping: Braemar Golf
- Golf Course Contractor: ENGO
- Lake Excavations: Sodiestvie
- Grow In: Troon Golf
Note: * The term and concept of Kaleidoscope Golf has been trademarked by the project developers.
Do you need a world class shaping team and construction management services. If this is of interest, then please get in touch on +44 (0)1334 478578 or email firstname.lastname@example.org