Mill Creek, Russian Federation
Mill Creek is perhaps one of the most unique golf courses in the world and Braemar Golf are very proud to have been a member of the project team. The golf course is part of a residential and leisure development in St Petersburg, Russian Federation. Started in 2014, construction work has been completed and is now growing in for play in 2017.
The Braemar Golf were tasked to manage the construction of the Mill Creek Golf Course on behalf of the client and to provide all shaping work through our world class shaping team.
Built on a flat clearing surrounded by pine forests, the site had huge sandy deposits which were excavated to create 3 huge lakes totalling 55 hectares! Over 3 million cubic metres of earth were excavated, with 1.2 million m3 of the best materials being used to create and shape the golf course.
European Golf Design have created an outstanding course to meet the unique concepts stipulated by the client;
- 2 full sets of tees on every hole, thus creating a 36 hole layout that could play differently for each card.
- Golf course can be played backwards.
- Allow “kaleidoscope golf” or “cross country golf”, allowing for play from tees to completely different greens to regulation play.
The results of the entire project team effort are stunning and arguably unique with the 2 golf courses in 18 holes, ability to be played backwards and “Kaleidoscope” golf concept.
Note: The term Kaleidoscope Golf has been trademarked by the project developers.
- Client: Melnichniy Ruchey Development
- Architect: European Golf Design (Ross McMurray)
- Construction Manager: Braemar Golf
- Grading & Shaping: Braemar Golf
- Golf Course Contractor: ENGO
- Lake Excavations: Sodiestvie
- Grow In: Troon Golf
- Tender Process Support
- Golf Course Construction Management
- Onsite direction and management of contractors
- Provision of Construction Manager
- Grading, Rough Shaping and Final shaping of Golf Course
- Contract Administration Support